Born in Barcelona, Spain, Mercedes Salisachs is one of the most prominent contemporary Spanish writers. She has received numerous distinctions during her extensive literary career, including the prestigious Gran Cruz de la Orden Civil de Alfonso X el Sabio and the Premio Ciudad de Barcelona for her novel Una Mujer Llega al Pueblo, the premio Planeta, Spain’s most lucrative award, for her novel, La Gangrena, the premio Ateneo de Sevilla for her novel El Volumen de la Ausencia and the premio Fernando Lara for her novel El Último Laberinto. The author of more than thirty novels, Mercedes Salisachs has lectured in several countries and has contributed to numerous national periodicals and journals. Her works have been translated into English, Russian, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Swedish, Finnish, Afrikaans and Lithuanian.
Books published by Jorge Pinto Books:
- El Secreto de Las Flores. (2007) Re-edición.
- La Conversación. (2007) Re-edición.
- Seeds of Silence. (2009) English translation
- Los Clamores del Silencio. (2007) Re-edición
- The Conversation. (2008) English translation
- Along the Shore of Dreams.(2009) English translation